2014-05-30

Picking Strawberries in Japan

Today M-san, one of the employees of the home of the elderly in which I'm doing my internship, invited me to go picking strawberries. 
There are greenhouses all over in Japan where you pay a fixed price and then for one hour you can pick as many strawberries as possible^^
Picking strawberries ist very popular in Japan and I'm happy that I had the chance to do it before I have to return to Germany.
Afterwards we wanted to make jam to sell those at one of the home of the elderly.


So we picked up Y-san and went to the countryside of Fukuoka to pick strawberries!



Strawberries*-*

We picked so many! :D 



 Hihi, me in japanese farmer style and with my strawberries! :D 

It was so hot, not only inside of the greenhouses but also outside..but it was funny^^


 Japan's countryside!


All our strawberries!





We were so exhausted so we stopped at a konbini somwehere and M-san bought ice-cream for everyone! 



I had Watermelon ice for the first time^^ It's so good!



It was great weather and while we drove throught he city, we listened to old songs of OASIS. The old rock music really connects people all around the world^^


Afterwards we went to Yoriai 3, one of the three home for the elderlies in which I'm doing my internship. 


We started to prepare the strawberries! 
Wash, cut the green part off, gather, cook, add sugar, press lemons and add lemon juice, cook and remove the toxins that exit, cook, until it thickens and then put into glasses.

M-san amde some coffee after some hours and we had some good talks about music. He also likes Dir en grey and all the old rock stuff I like to. We spoke a lot about X-Japan and listened to some music by Ozaki Yutaka while preparing jam. It was so funny :D

いちご!

The nice little kitchen in which we made the jam.


  

9 kilograms of strawberries! We already had another 5 or 6 kilos! (o.o;)


In Yoriai 3, there is a nice little café every saturday. We prepared the jam there.

The café is so beautiful, I got so much inspiration there! 








M-san and Y-san in the kitchen(^^)

In the end we made 40 glasses of fresh nice strawberry jam and we still had so many strawberries left but it was already 8pm so we stopped for this day and I went home.



I received strawberries and a glass of jam *-* I can't wait to eat it!
It was such a nice day! 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen